Tuesday, January 22, 2008

FICITIONAL REALITY @ILP,HYDERABAD

1
Again, like always it's been a LONG time since I've made a new post here. Now that I'm here in Hyderabad and have joined TCS finally, I can find sometime for these things again.Few days before 20th June kept me real busy in packing stuff and arranging the documents that would be needed. The train was from Bhopal on 20th and we reached Secunderabad on 21st morning. We took a taxi to the Hotel Siddhartha where were accommodation was made by TCS and we were told the hotel where we'll be staying is old Hyderabad. Hotel Siddhartha, no doubt is good. We have a TV in the room, the room gets cleaned everyday, anytime room service for water or any problem, a newspaper everyday and so much more. While I was expecting some shopping malls and a good area to roam around when I spoke to my friend in Hyderabad, the hotel we're staying in and the area near by is good. 3 star, and the services are good. The only problem here is food. South Indian food is cheaper, and good North Indian food is kind of costly. We had one South Indian thali on 20th, though it was good at how diet should be but in my opinion it was lacking taste. I didn't at all like the 'rasam' and 'curry' or whatever it's called. The hunt for North Indian food then, was on. We had dinner at the hotel we're staying in on the same day and it was good.The next day we had to get up early for TCS. Full 8 hours in the Audi, it was supposed to be the orientation for us. We also had the welcome lunch that day which was free. That day we also got this feel of the place Cyberabad because the bus took us from the hotel from this route. But the bus goes through a new route now, some Banjara Hills route I suppose. The next day we had verification of the documents they asked for and bank account opening. The lunch this time again was good but one needs to pay for the lunch. It's very much affordable considering the South Indian food one generally gets here. It's Rs. 23 for lunch here in CMC, TCS training centre. Tea and coffee are free and one can have them anytime during the break. I'm mentioning all this for those who are to join TCS. Some days before I was searching the same on google blog search and I could hardly find one post that was related to the training in Hyderbad. Regarding food, a good north Indian thali here will cost no less than 30 at this place, this is sure. And those who're from south will find no problem with food at all.We have alternate Saturdays as off. You need to wear business formals for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thrusday and one can wear business casuals on Friday and Saturday. The CMC center is good. I have so many pics to send home and put 'em up here on the blog but the PC I'm sitting on is old, has 98 and has problem with the USB port.In all it's very much like a paid vacation. The only thing is that we have to pay for food. And paying is not a problem; it's been 4 days we're like on north-indian food hunt. We hope to find a permanent place soon. We have the plans for visiting Charminar and near by places today. It's really fun right now. The classes for the training start from Monday. So we have two days to visit a few fmous places in Hyderabad.I think I'll end this post now. I know it's not like on good and arranged post but bear with me. The system I'm sitting on is one from the early-man era. Excuse me for the mistakes or typos because the keyboard sucks even more.

2

I've been able to blog a bit since last few days from Hyderabad but I haven't been able to check other blogs, even those of my blog friends. Sorry for the same. I'm going to do it next time I get a free session in lab, or whenever I don't feel like having lunch.Life here is good and the TCS' ILP programme is just awesome. Unlike the training at other places, which focus only on the core technical part, it focuses more on communication skills, etiquette, and grooming and similar aspects too. We regularly have presentations, role-plays, speeches, and written exercises. The good thing being that it's all dynamic with a team change for every activity. That has, in very few days, made the class very interactive. I've lately realized the difference between learning and training. After every presentation or role-play or any activity we people gather and share views on each one of us as a team, that is evaluate each other. Also recently, we've received our stream will be working on (projects) for the next few days. It's UNIX and C++. Also the foreign language facilitated to us is Japanese. Recently we visited TCS' Deccan Park campus for some knowledge transfer about the systems in TCS. Deccan Park is one beautiful TCS campus with a good cafeteria, conference halla, gym, cubicles, and probably so much more that I couldn't see or know of.Also we'll soon be asked about the preferences of where one wants to get allocated to. Though still confused, the blurry image in my mind speaks of Pune, Hyderabad and Delhi.I've missed my lunch and am here in the lab to update my blog and read others. I should better be ending this and moving on for I have an LS session in 15 minutes from now.

2 comments:

poorva said...

we provide pure north indian meals.not trying to be opportunistic. just thought you might want to know.
ph no. 9866196166

poorva said...

we provide pure north indian meals.not trying to be opportunistic. just thought you might want to know.
ph no. 9866196166